Sunday, July 10, 2016

Days 3-9

Day 3 of the 365 day gratitude challenge. Today is Monday, July 4th, 2016.
Day 4
I woke up a bit less sick today so I am grateful for that!
I found myself in a melancholy mood earlier because I am a bit sad my dreams still have yet to come true and I am not sure it's ever going to happen for me. This is a curse for me as I can never make plans.
I'm beginning to wonder what the universe wants from me. I need to be alright with it, and I definitely need to be grateful for it. Everything does happen for a reason, right?
I am grateful for my little Lassie, and I am grateful I started this challenge. I need a kick in the butt every now and then because my brain likes to travel to very dark places.
DJ
Day 4 of the 365 day gratitude challenge.
Day 4
I am so behind. I'm not usually up this late anymore these days because I usually work first shift.
Today started off pretty rocky, but I think I turned it around in my favor. I'm grateful when I can turn my blah days into good ones.
DJ

Day 5 of the 365 day gratitude challenge:
Day 5
I started watching some show on Netflix called Between. I got five episodes into it and realized I needed bed as it was nearly 3 in the morning. I got up around 8-ish and did my usual daily chores. I had enough time to get my exercise in and I'm grateful for that.
I went to work feeling groggy. I don't know if it was the lack of caffeine or something, but I started feeling better a bit later.
I was feeling lousy when I turned on my phone and saw 11:11 on it. I haven't been seeing it pop up as often as I used to.
After the pool desk, I went to work at the membership desk. One of the moms came in and wanted my boss's info because she wanted to tell my boss what a great job I did the other day, doing dances with them and such.
I am grateful for surprising moments like these. :)
Day 6 of the 365 Day Gratuity Challenge....7/7/16
Day 6
OK, first off, I think anytime the date falls on a 7/7 is a lucky day. I just worked a long shift, and I had to be in work at 5:15 this morning of 7/8/16...so, you'll be getting two posts from me today.
I didn't forget to post, I just ran out of time. The morning shifts are the best...until 8 AM. That's when all the big shots come in, and then you have time for nada.
Yesterday was a pretty good day considering I had to work 9 hours. The kids room wasn't completely messy, and the lifeguard that has been trying to tell me how to do my job, hadn't bothered me at all yesterday. I am grateful for that.
It's the little things that make me grateful! :)
Day 7 of the 365 Day Gratitude Challenge...
Day 7
Day 7, 7/8/16, means I survived a week of finding something grateful.
It's funny how when you're trying to be positive and grateful, there are obstacles in your way that practically want to destroy those happy moments for you.
I woke up 24 hours ago to go to work, and I was so tired I took a nap. And then I fell asleep again. LOL
Sleep is good. I'm grateful I can sleep.
That is all because I spent most of my day sleeping! LOL
Day 8 of the challenge....
Day 8
It was a very unproductive day yesterday (Saturday, the 9th of July). I get a day off, and I turn on the Pandora radio and start cleaning. But what I really do is sing off key with the songs with whatever object is in my hands to use as a mic, while I dance around my house. I am so grateful no one is watching me do these things hahahaha.
My grandma called (as she does every Saturday) and rather than get into arguments with her about how crappy the rest of the family treats me and my mom, son and brother (like we always do), I change the subject by telling her which old movie I just watched.
I'm grateful for my grandma, and I'm grateful for old movies.
Day 9 of the 365 day gratitude challenge.
Day 9
As most of you may know, I have inner demons I battle on a daily basis. I contemplate things I shouldn't. Things I'd rather not say for fear of sounding morbid.
A challenge like this is good for me. I need to find something every day to be grateful for...even if it is a little thing.
I am reminded to keep going. This isn't the end of my story. And that is what I intend to do.
On the plus side, it's been a week and a half on this wellness challenge, and I've lost almost 3 pounds. I'm grateful for that as well.
DJ

No comments:

Comments