Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Day 360

178

Day 360 of the 365 Day Gratitude Challenge.

Wednesday, June 28th, 2017.

I'm grateful I got this far om the challenge! There's only 5 days left.

There are times when I just want to leave fb. I stay because of the great friends I have. But I also don't like it when family finds me.

I just feel that if they can't make the time to talk to me, or text me, why should they have the privilege of knowing anything that's going on in my life, good or bad.

That to me sounds fake. We'll just be great buddies on social media, but we'll never chat in person. And when we do, I'll pretend to listen when really I'm not. I won't hang out with you in public either because you're an embarrassment. Well, that's the feeling I get.

So many friends and family have been around my neck of the woods, and never have they ever turned around to ask me if I want to meet up with them or hang out.

Well, maybe the Universe is doing me a favor. Maybe it's sparing me from heartache down the line. I guess I'll never know.

I am grateful for a higher power.

The poem below is something I had written a year ago. I think it was a Blogophilia piece.

I turned it into a picture.

DJ

No comments:

Comments