Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Post It Forward 2

Week 2 of Mental Health awareness month!

This week is about focusing on each other. Focus on being an encouraging and understanding friend, or part of a supportive community. Even just being there to listen or get leaned on can make a huge difference in someone’s life. There’s no wrong way to show kindness. Here are some other suggestions to bring this kind of supportive kindness to your Tumblr:
  • Create a post with positive message for someone going through a tough time. Make a text post, a video post, use stickers, make a GIF—whatever feels right to you.
Just remember this:  When someone says something mean to you, it's how they reflect upon themselves.  It's funny how it takes so many positive sayings to make you happy, and only one negative comment to make you sad.  It's not fair; it really isn't fair at all.

The only thing I can really tell you is to find a song...or a television show/movie (Like a comedy), something that is light, to help you through those rough patches.  If something is funny, laugh, and remember what makes you laugh.  Remember what makes you smile.

If you need to talk to someone, feel free to.  There are people out there that will listen to you without judgment.  Keep a journal if you have to!  I know writing is a dying art, but it can be useful!  If you draw, then draw!

  • Message someone a compliment. Maybe send them a sticker.
This is for everyone!!!  You are all wonderful!

  • This is the positivity cat. Message it to 17 of your friends to give them positive vibes all month long. 🌞
I had sent this pic out to at least 5 friends. That's all I really know, friend wise!


  • Leave a nice reply on someone’s post.
When I'm reading blogs, I usually leave a nice post. When I see someone having a tough time, I leave them a nice comment.
  • If you’re up for it, make a post that your ask box is open to anyone who needs to chat.
Isn't it open already?  I'll have to check.  I'm ignored mostly in cyber world.  No matter where I go.  I am just not popular enough.  I just went on there. I think I've done this right...I'm not so sure anymore!!!!

I just naturally go down the line on this.

  • Reblog and tag your friends on this post or mention them in the replies to remind them to drink water.
I have one friend on Tumblr I can tag! :)

If you follow through, and we hope you do, make sure to tag your posts with #postitforward so other people can find your stuff.



___




No comments:

Comments