Monday, September 22, 2014

Am I Remembered?



AM I REMEMBERED?

I am lost in the world of the unknown
I sigh as I keep looking in the rear view mirror
I keep on torturing myself, unbeknownst to me

Why?

It's beyond me

I often wonder if those I had once left behind
Left them behind, I might say, for good reason
Do they ever even stop to think about me?

When a birthday passes by
Or a silly, subtle little reminder
Was I ever really on their minds?

Was I ever really a care?
In the lost pretend world of make-believe
As we now all know how Hollywood writers feel

Closeness of friends and family doesn't exist like it does on TV
You are a forgotten thought, forever lost in a cobweb of memory
To only be thought of only when it's convenient for them

Thank you for f-ing with my mind, Hollywood
And now I know why I no longer buy into your propaganda
You give a falsely sense of comfort, only to rip it away with reality

Why?

It's beyond me.

Written 9/22/14 by ©Diana Jillian



































Poem, No Rhyme,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

emotional questioning of self worth, good write

KJ said...

Thank you ever so much! :)

Comments