Saturday, January 19, 2013

I Love Rock N' Roll

Hey Everyone!

I was trying to get ahead of the game by posting on time, but with my chaotic life, you just never know when I'll post or when I'll stop by to read your posts....I do apologize for that but I do come around to your posts...I swear I do. ^_^



When I was a kid, we used to sing and dance just for fun.  One of the songs we used to sing was the Joan Jett song:  I Love Rock N' Roll.  Yeah we were crazy...By the time I was a teen, I was all about Pearl Jam though.  Hey, I didn't stumble upon Soundgarden until I was 16 now....

(Source:  Spin.com)


We used to sing Jeremy as we crossed the railroad tracks (or as I call them, train tracks), to cut through the cemetery and hang out at the bowling alley.  Those sure were some good times I recall.  You can never go back....You can reminisce but I try not to.

(Railroad in Hewlett NY, where I grew up! Source: Subwaynut.com)


Life is a lot like dressing up for winter.  You bundle yourself up to make sure you don't get cold.  But no matter how many times you make sure you're nice and warm, either  you can't move because you look like Stay Puft (that's the spelling I got from online...Not sure how to spell that one.) Marshmallow Man, or the wind is whipping through you, causing you to turn into a human icicle.



Eventually as the weather grows warmer, you find yourself peeling back more layers of clothing.  It's a whole new world out there.  That's how every day should be....Treated like a new day.



Sorry this wasn't a very long blog but...You like the pics, right???


Until next time...

DJ





































Blog, Random, Picture, Memoir,

18 comments:

Another Government Employee said...

Glad you could come.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha This one has me remembering some fun times. Must say that "I love rock and roll" song was played a lot. And remember Ghostbusters? Your marshmallow man I guess.. 8 points, Earthling!!

Dia said...

Thanks :)

DJ

Anonymous said...

Ooops, this was Marvin!! :)

Dia said...

Oh yes...I do remember Ghostbusters. There's supposed to be a third movie. I hear they're waiting upon Bill Murray's decision if whether he wants to reprise the role or not...Thank you for stopping by :)

Daniel said...

Love the analogy about life and the seasons, love me some Joan Jett too!

Dia said...

There was a few songs of hers but this one sticks out with me the most. Thank you for reading :)

--DJ

Chickee said...

=) I love rock and roll put another dime in the jukebox baby! yeah I have sung that song many times too. =)

Anonymous said...

Too funny...loved the onion :-D

Anonymous said...

That wsd me...demme :-D

Dia said...

LOL...Too much for me, I think.

:)

Dia said...

Thanks...
:)
--DJ

Anonymous said...

Oh my... did you ever put 20 minutes in a row of Joan Jett on a jukebox? I was in a Pizza Hut where 3 girls did. Interesting, did you like growing up in NY? We had a train crossing in our town that would back up cars for 30 minutes it seemed like. Just freight trains. This is Dave Raider... :)

Colleen Keller Breuning said...

I love the railroad tracks too.... we used to walk them as a kid. Of course, trains have always played an important part in my life, since my father worked for the railroad all his life! Loved your blog & pics!! :D

Dia said...

Some day I will write a blog on how I was a NY vagabond. I loved living there...So many great memories. I'm afraid living in Florida now, my blood's too thin to ever live back there now. LOL.
I used to listen to the jukebox all the time but I don't think Joan Jett was ever a choice.

Thanks for stopping by :)

--DJ

Dia said...

That must have been awesome to have your dad working for the railroad. Thank you for reading my blog! :)

--DJ

Anonymous said...

I know we don't get a lot of do-overs. But I think we need to review the past occasionally - just to make sure we aren't repeating it.

TM

Dia said...

Yes, so true. The past is great for learning mistakes.

Comments