Saturday, April 11, 2015

Joke

Hey Everyone!!!!

The joke's on me...But not really.  Huh!  I think I actually wrote a poem like that.  Um, no.  Not the "not really" part.  But yeah, the joke's on me.

Have you ever gotten to the point where you feel like the joke is on you?  Where people say things like, "Oh, let's hang out."  And you make arrangements to hang, and then they just leave you high and dry????

Or when they say, "Call me," or my favorite, "Text me."  Only for them to either never answer???

I have Plankton from Spongebob ringing through my head.  It was the episode where he was jealous of Krabs' life, and decided to switch places.
Cartoon, Strange Situation

In the end, he realized he was better off as himself and also made the decision that Krabs' life is very traumatizing.  I guess it's more of an epiphany moment...I guess.

You may think the joke is on  you, but the truth is the joke is on them.

Maybe they're embarrassed of the lifestyle they have chosen to live, and don't want you to see the life they posted on Facebook or Instagram isn't real.

Maybe their intentions are there and good, and they're tied down to something they don't want you to see.

The joke is on them because they're missing out on an opportunity to interact with others socially...in person that is, and not on the internet.


JOKE'S ON ME


The joke is on me?
Lost in reality
A generation lost

When you can actually see
Your mind will be set free
Sorry is when it's all gone

And you'll see you were wrong
When you find you don't belong
In a lonely society built for thee

The joke is on me
When in reality
The joke is on you

©Diana Jillian

No comments:

Comments