Friday, December 6, 2013

Leaving The Past Alone



Leaving The Past Alone
Written by ©Diana Jillian 12/6/13

I am guilty of falling in love with the memories
I have fallen in love with the picture and name
But not the true self of the being
That causes suffering and pain

They say a camera never tells a lie
But I beg to differ
The picture seems different
Than the mirror

But I know that when it all boils down to in the end
I will always be the same person I’ve always been
Maybe I just failed to notice the signs of others
Or there was a beauty of theirs I sought to win

But life’s too short to go chasing after others
And I will never again ever be that chaser
Instead I will try to leave you behind
Written with pencil and a big eraser




















































Poem, 

No comments:

Comments